Mindy Memories

Friday, July 29, 2005

Busy day yesterday

If I could I'd take today off and do absolutely nothing. We had our big Quota Buster kick-off meeting yesterday. It actually went very well, thank goodness! For about 5 minutes when I was setting up the laptops and projector I about had a heart attack because I couldn't find our presentation, nor the keynote speaker's presentatation, which I KNEW I had put on the laptop the day before. Well, duh -- the day before I'd signed on with the generic info and it didn't work right for me yesterday so I signed on with my own info, which of course brings up a different desktop. I always save them to the laptop desktop so they are easily found, so I couldn't easily find them when I signed on different -- how ironic is that? The funny thing is that my horoscope actually said something about not reacting too quickly to things or I may be seen as temperamental. So, I actually took that to heart, tried to calm down a bit and did a search, then I realized what had happened and it was good. One of my coworkers came up to ask me something and I apparently had a look on my face because she asked me if everything was OK. I told her I was having a problem finding the presentation and her eyes just about bugged out LOL! I said, "Yeah, just fire me now before I have to tell Harris!" Luckily, I calmed my self down so that I never had to tell Harris a thing.

Speaking of Harris, one thing that happened yesterday was pretty funny. I had the computer/projector all set up and focused. He was fussing around with the remote and pushing buttons, looking for the laser pointer feature. He pushed a button that totally zoomed in and you could only then see part of the presentation on the screen. Well, he turned and gave me a look like a little kid gives his mom when he knows he did something he wasn't supposed to. My Business Manager was sitting there and was dying when he did that -- he knew he was in trouble LOL! He found the button again and fixed it with no problems, but I thought it was humorous.

On a different note, I got a call from Tim about 6AM yesterday that his clutch went out on him right after he got on I476. I had to find the card with the tow truck information on it (don't ask me why he didn't have it in his wallet but in a wallet he doesn't carry) and he was waiting until about 9AM. They towed it back to the apartment and he pretty much slept the rest of the day. Can't say as I blame him, that sort of thing takes the energy right out of you. He's going to end up junking it, although it pains him to do so as he loves that little car. It's a 1989 Honda Civic with lots of miles and he knows it makes sense, but it upsets him. In the meantime, he's driving his brother's extra car that he's selling Tim for $1500, and is allowing him to send him money each month. It's a Dodge Intrepid and is a nice car. Tim likes it OK but prefers smaller cars so this will take some getting used to.

I just felt really bad that of all the days for that to happen it was yesterday when I had no way to go hel him. If it had been a normal work day I could have worked something out, but I had to go help set up for this meeting and get there at 7AM and half the stuff we were putting on the tables were in my car. I must have apologized 10 times about it yesterday to Tim, who doesn't understand why I keep apologizing for it LOL! I know if the tables were turned he would have found a way to help me, so I guess that's why I felt bad. I just couldn't think of a way. However, I did skip the cocktail hour and dinner we had as part of the work function last night so that I could come home and take him down to Delaware to pick up the Dodge, so I guess I made up for it. I was really looking forward to that cocktail hour, too :)


Post a Comment

<< Home