Mindy Memories

Friday, May 13, 2005

WTF?

OK, don't have too long before I have to finish getting ready and start the public transportation trip to Arlington for my great-uncle's burial. However, I just saw this mentioned on a board I visit and HAVE to bring it here. This is about the stupidest thing I've seen in a while, folks, and we all see some pretty stupid stuff on the boards!

Disclaimer: I'm not making fun of Christians, as I am one. However, these people are beyond rationality and make no sense.

So, I found this article about a group of people (about 43) who want to ban the Internet from all American homes. After all, you know that those who know what's best for us must rise up and save us from ourselves, right? The group is called the UCAWWW (United Confederacy Agains WWW) and the founder insists, "The internet is nothing but filth to steal our children from God and truth."

The punchline? At the bottom of the article the same person says, "We have many ongoing projects, and soon we'll be proud to announce the grand opening of our website."

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm."

Then I checked out the website that is currently up, and it gets better. It has the big red circle with the slash through it and says WWW in the center, which I would assume means "No WWW." Fine, I can understand that as it's their message. However, underneath this it says, "WWW = We Want Worship! So does that mean that the WWW inside the circle is for "We Want Worship" so they really don't want worship? Consistency, people, consistency! Then they have a picture of poor Pope John Paull II working over a laptop, so I guess he's really The Devil.

Anyway, thought some of you folks would find it interesting. I gotta get going, so everybody behave themselves for a day or two (yeah, right).

P.S. I hope that this is really a sick joke from somebody who has nothing better to do, but knowing how people are, I have the feeling it's completely true.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Taneya said…

    Mindy, your WFS is looking gorgeous! By the way, I've just tagged you! Check my blog "taneya.blogspot.com" for details..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home