Mindy Memories

Monday, May 02, 2005

Quick post -- Waiting for Ships

Later tonight or tomorrow I need to update my goals -- review my April goals and form my May goals. For now I wanted to post my progress on Waiting for Ships (Mirabilia) after 25 hours. I started in the middle to see how the colors worked. Then I sorta worked my way up to the top because I really like to have the face and hair done as soon as poosible. So, that's why it's a bit haphazzard -- that and I have to pick up some DMC and just ordered some Kreinik. I'm glad I have most of the skin done because that's the part I like least of all. I firgured I'd get it over with. I'm using Solitude from Dyeing4U.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Beautiful stitching! She does look forlorn like she is desperately waiting for a ship to come home.
    You do have a lot of stash! Wow! I have a library or store's worth of cross stitch books and leaflets, lots of fabric, but only about 5 in progress. I don't have the nerve to kit up too much or I will get overwhelmed. You can see how long it took me to do the last few 'me' projects.
    Keep up the great work.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Kitty Couture said…

    Gosh! ARe there only 25 hours of stitching in there? Your needles must sure be smoking Mindy! She is gorgeous, I love her. You stitch fast but well! :o) the "Solitude" fabric is so... appropriate through its name, and gorgeous in itself!

    Don't worry about your goals... They were huge anyway and hey, what's important is that you have fun stitching! And you are obviously having a great time with that mavellous mermaid aren't you? :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home