Mindy Memories

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Got a little ahead of myself on my STRIP list

So, I was going to finish Christmas Flourishes before starting Santa's Magic, and start Waiting for Ships after some other finishes were out of the way. Well, it occurred to me this weekend that I have a bunch of fabric matched with designs, so why buy more fabric to start Santa's Magic when I already have so many ready to start after I buy a little DMC? Probably a no-brainer to non-stitchers, right? So, even though I'm not done with Flourishes yet I started Waiting for Ships on Solitude from Dyeing4U. I received it in a FOTM package and I really like it. I'm making great progress after only 8 hours and I may just keep going until I finish the stitching. I need to get a few DMC skeins and some Kreinik I don't have, but I have most of what I need for now. Flourishes will get finished soon, but as much as I love her I just couldn't look at her anymore after my last 10 hours on her this week and I just needed to start something new. So, this replaces Santa's Magic on the list.

Not much else going on today. I'm at my friend's house babysitting her 18-month-old. She hadn't taken a nap so as soon as I got here we went upstairs and she fell alseep on the bed. So, she's there sleeping with pillows around her so she doesn't roll, which is what my friend told me to do. Apparently she's not a big roller, but the pillows make sure she doesn't roll off the bed, and she's in the middle.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Your stitching is so gorgeous...great job on Christmas Flourishes. I think you will really enjoy Waiting for Ships. Once it gets really going, it's a pleasure! Can't wait to see your progress!!!

    Oh, and TOTALLY with you on the b/w charts....although I do enjoy colored backstitch. :)

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Congrats on starting a project using stuff that you already have! It's hard sometimes not to just spend more money and order new stuff for a new project. It's funny how non-stitchers don't get that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home