Mindy Memories

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

April Goals Reviewed

Whew! I was going to do this last night but was dog tired. I ended up in bed at 8:30 and fell asleep watching Harry Potter LOL! I swam a bit faster than yesterday, which is good, but I think that's why I was tired. I worked a little extra to make up for leaving early this Friday, too. So, I didn't get to my May goals yet but I can at least recap my April goals. I hadn't checked them for a while and that was my downfall. I really need to check my goals on a weekly basis so I can stay on track. Otherwise, what's the point of even making them?

April Stitching Goals (in hours)
Finish Christmas Jewel -5 (ack! Can't find the safe place I put this!)
Finish 1990 L&L freebie -5 - Done!
Santa in Fur -5 - None
Guardian Angel -5 - None
Christmas Flourishes -10 - Done
Sleeping Beauty -5 - None
Sweet Dreams Santa -5 - Done
L&L Angel for AQP -5 - None
ornament -5 - Done

April Goals for home
Rearrange my card system -Done
start doing daily and weekly routines - Not really
make appointment with a person to help with finances -Done
swim three days a week for 20 minutes - No, but have gone two days a week
walk two days a week for 20 minutes - No, but have done one day a week
Restart WW plan - a little here and there, not fully into it
Reorganize stitching stash - DONE!
Send at least five resumes a week, assuming the jobs are what I want--I'm not going to apply for just any job -No resumes this month
Re-read David Allen's book "Getting Things Done" -No, how ironic!

Well, the 25 hours spent on Waiting for Ships, a somewhat unplanned start (meant to start after Flourishes was done) could have been used for what I didn't stitch, but she was calling for me to start her and I'm glad I did. She's coming along very nicely.

As for my "home" goals, I'm getting there slowly. Didn't do everything I wanted to do, which means I better make re-reading the Allen book a priority this month LOL! I know why I haven't sent out resumes. It has nothing to do with time constraints but simply because I like where I work and don't want to change jobs again. I have to do this because I am not going to ever get out of debt or be able to save much money by making the amount I make there.

OK, I'm making one goal for this week right now -- I WILL set up an appointment with Harris' assistant to talk with him about my pay. If I don't bite the bullet I'll never be able to make a decision about what I'm going to do. Just do it!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Comments for a few posts (I'm behind):

    Did you find any treasures that you'd forgotten about when you organized your stash?

    Your mermaid is looking awesome...love, love, love the fabric!

    You're so organized to have all your stitching and home goals listed. Good luck accomplishing them!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks! I did find a lot of kitted designs I'd forgotten I had. I sometimes get so involved in my Mirabilias and L&Ls that I forget I have other beautiful designs I also want to stitch. I also found a few Just Nan duplicates. A few of her designs are very similar and I bought two, thinking one was the other, if that makes sense. One is a Christmas design, the other Halloween.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home