Mindy Memories

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Stitching progress

I'm up to 40 hours on Waiting for Ships. I can't believe how quickly she's stitching up! I still have to swing by AC Moore soon to pick up a few DMC colors I'm missing, but I have most of what I need. I replaced the light green #8 Kreinik with a slightly different color #4 Kreinik. I hate using #8 on 32ct. because it's too thick. I'm also going to use regular beads instead of petite beads and had to change the color on one of those. There are so many shades of beads out there that I doubt it will make a difference.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


When I ordered the beads and treasures for WFS, I also ordered a bunch of crystal treasures for that Mirabilia Crystal Chandelier that I had promised my dad ages ago. He fixes chandeliers and sells them on eBay and I thought it would be nice for him. I left off the heart treasures as I thought that was a bit fancy for him. I was having a big problem getting enough of the Mill Hill glass teardrops for it. I went to a bead shop and they didn't have what I was looking for, either. Finally I bought these cylindrical crystal beads and I think they work well. I actually think they're better in the end because they're less feminine than the glass teardrops, if that makes sense. You can barely see them in the picture as they are clear, but in "real life" they show up better.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Beautiful! I really like your choice of fabrics for these too. You have a 'good eye' for this.
    I'm sure your dad will love the chandelier too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home