Mindy Memories

Monday, May 16, 2005

Got tagged

Well, since Taneya tagged me, I better be good and play along :) I have to think about who I'm tagging.

Choose 5 and complete the sentence...
If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . . .

If I could be a professor I'd teach history, probably either focusing on the American Civil War or Russia in the 20th century. I'd also like to teach about Peter the Great and WWII in general. I've been told I would have made a good teacher, but I think people are just being nice.

If I could be a writer I'd write epic novels similar to The Thorn Birds. Although the main characters are of course Meggie and Ralph, you get to see the entire family as it ages and lives through all sorts of events. I find that very interesting and always thought it would be interesting to write about a Russian family living through WWI and WWII, the revolution, and eventually showing the grandchildren seeing the end of Communist Russia. I also think it would be interesting to write stories using Tolkien's mythology, but one would have to be very well immersed in his writings in order to do justice to it.

If I could be a musician I'd either be a concert pianist or play bass in a rock band. Of course, I actually can play piano and have never played bass, but I'd love to learn. I find a good bassist really adds something to a band, more than the typical bass lines they seem to play.

If I could be a painter I'd paint landscapes in the manner of Monet. I love his work and especially all the pretty blues and purples. Many of you know I think that almost any cross stitch pattern would look good on some shade of blue fabric. I don't know what it is about the color blue that I like so much. I guess it's because it's calming, as are the light purples and lavenders.

If I could be a chef I'd cook a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner from scratch. Now when I cook a lot of it isn't from scratch because I just don't have the time nor inclination to go full out for Thanksgiving. If I was a chef I think I'd love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home