Mindy Memories

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Man, it was cold Friday night!

I slept in my winter fleece pajamas under two comforters and was still a little chilly Friday night, and the windows were shut. It's hard to believe that June is getting here soon and it's still cold at night. I actually prefer this over the heat and humidity we are usually getting by now, but it's very surprising. We've actually had a spring season this year, and a long one at that. I'm hoping this means we'll have a mild summer.

I was on one of my message boards yesterday for a few minutes. I don't know why I continue to be amazed by some of the pettiness. I swear -- get enough women together and everything gets catty and petty, get enough men together and they have to have pissing contests. It gets a bit disgusting after a while. Anyway, the big thing was over a woman saying she had added two "children" to her family. She has two new kittens. Somebody got their knickers in a twist, thinking it was going to be about "real children" and not pets and seemed offended. Yes, people seem to go looking to get offended over something. Then of course the normal debate started over whether people should love their pets as much as others love their children, blah blah blah. Who the hell cares? Why does it bother one person so much if another loves their pet as much as one would love a child? It's not like a child is being overlooked because the person loves her pet. What's wrong with a person actually caring for a pet instead of treating the pet like it's disposable and giving it up as soon as the animal gets older or the person has a baby or something? What's the harm?

Jeesh! If that's enough to get somebody angry, I think I'd rather now know them. God only knows how he/she would react to something that really IS offensive. Everybody has times when some stupid thing sets them off, and I realize that. It just always seems to be the same people who constantly have a hair across their asses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home