Mindy Memories

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The meaning behind my blinkies

As I mentioned in a previous post, Princess made a bunch of blinkies that she said we could hijack as we saw fit. So, I figured I'd explain why I picked the ones I did.



This is obvious to you stitchers out there, I'm sure. For those who aren't stitchers, Mirabilia Designs are from Nora Corbett. They are beautiful cross stitch designs, often including metallics and beads. They are usually women in different forms in flowing dresses -- humans, mermaids, fairies, angels, etc. She has also designed some children. She is my favorite designer and I own most of her designs and truly intend (cough) to stitch all the ones I have.


This is just to show that I'm a Tolkien fan, although a late bloomer. I never read any of his books because I always thought they were "just fantasy" and I'm not usually into that. After seeing the movies I realized that they were much more, and that I HAD to read the books to get the real feel of the characters. It feels more like history to me than fantasy.


As you can see from my picture at the top, I like cats. I like dogs, too. Growing up I was more of a dog person but I also lived on a farm. In a small apartment a cat is the way to go.


I think I would make a good hobbit. I like things to be simple, I don't care to "keep up with the Jones" and I'm a homebody at heart who likes peace and quiet. I'm not too good at growing things, though.


I've always said I was born into the wrong species. Ever since I could walk I loved the water and was a natural swimmer. I swam competitively for a time and still swim laps now and then -- something I must start doing on a regular basis because I always feel great after a swim. I'm much better in the water than on land, even though I look like a big blueberry on a stick in my navy swimsuit.


Do I really need to explain?


I LOVE that she made one of these for each season. Autumn is my favorite season. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until I moved back north after 10 years of living in Florida. I love seeing the leaves turn, the nights get crisp and the smells in the air. It's not the same here as it was where I grew up, where you only need to go outside in the fall to smell the ripe grapes on the vine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home