Mindy Memories

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Good grief!

What a day! I woke up with a horrible headache. Seems I'm grinding my teeth again in my sleep -- joy -- so my TMJ is acting up again. When I woke up I went into the hallway to find it sopping wet. Seems early this morning my sink had backed up and overflowed. This apartment isn't very even so the kitchen floor wasn't very wet because it had all gone through the wall into my hallway. So I called the manager and she came out with a plunger and a wet vac. The wet vac is a very cheap one and doens't work well at all, so my hallway is still wet (you can see shoeprints still, 12 hours later) and I have a fan on it. It's going to reek and I'll have to use my steam cleaner and rug deodorizer a million times to get it better, just like last time.

Yes, I said last time. This doesn't overflow because I put food down the drain (because I don't) or anything like that. It's because I'm on the bottom floor of an old building. What pisses me off is the attitude that this is just the way things go and that I'm not the only one with this problem. So, instead of fixing it the way it should be fixed, they snake it and temporarily fix it. Then in another year or two (God I hope I'm outta here by then!) it will happen again, probably when I'm sleeping or I'm out of the house.

So, after they left I was able to sleep. I fought this headache for hours with Motrin and such but it really didn't help. So, I took my muscle relaxers and slept for about 5 hours. I'm still pretty funky but I'm up. Unfortunately, I was supposed to go to a commitment ceremony of two friends of mine today. With this headache, I knew I couldn't go before I took the muscle relaxers. I was scared to drive, and figured that loud music wouldn't be good. I couldn't find their phone no. and called the banquet hall. It rang and rang and rang, but there was no machine and nobody picked up. So, I called another friend's cell phone to tell her what was up because she's in the wedding and I figured she was there. I don't want to just be a no-show. I feel bad enough about this as it is. Well, I left two messages on her phone but she hasn't gotten back to me hours later so I'm not sure if she got them. I'm probably worrying too much about this, but I normally do not miss events like this and feel terrible about it. Of course, I will find out how much my plate cost me and reimburse them for whatever money was spent on stuff that would have gone to me. It's not fair for them, otherwise, since I told them I would be going.

So, here I sit: sitting at my computer all drugged up with a funky carpet and a cabinet-full of crap all over the kitchen from where I had to get it from under the sink. Screw it -- I'm leaving it there until tomorrow.


Post a Comment

<< Home