Mindy Memories

Friday, August 27, 2004

Stolen from Erica's journal

I'm sitting here at the switchboard while Mary's at lunch and there's just nothing out here that I can work on (and I asked) so I've been wandering around on the blogs. Found this one on Erica's. It's technically for Thursday, but what do I care?

1) What is your favorite soundtrack from a movie?
LOTR: Return of the King

2) Which movie's soundtrack didn't fit the tone of the movie, or was so badly composed it detracted from the movie?
I can never sit through Bladerunner because I cannot stand the Tangerine Dream music. Music is very important to my enjoyment of a film, and I cannot watch that movie. Shame, because I like sci-fi and would probably like it otherwise.

3) Who is your favorite film music composer?
Howard Shore. I loved the music from LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring and he outdid himself on each successive movie. Hans Zimmer is a close second.

BONUS) Do you prefer an orchestral soundtrack, or a popular-music soundtrack?
It depends on the movie. I love the orchestral tracks from the LOTR movies, Titanic, Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide, Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator. I also really like the pop music on The Big Lebowski and Goodfellas. I like rock more than top 40, so that makes a difference. I also really liked the soundtrack to Blink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home