Mindy Memories

Thursday, August 26, 2004

This and That

Well, I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I'll post two memes today. I actually got my butt up early this morning and did the 2 mile WATP tape. I can't stand the music and she can be a bit too bubbly for me, but I like the actual workout. I just bought a gym membership but if I don't get up early enough to do the gym thing I can still do a WATP tape, even if it's just the 1 mile tape. So I feel like I've already accomplished something today, which is nice.

Wednesday Matinee
1. Samuel Jackson vs Denzel Washington: who wins?
Toughie. I really like Denzel but Samuel Jackson always seems more street-tough to me, so I think he'd win.
2. How many times have you seen your favorite movie?
It's the Shawshank Redemption and I have no idea -- many, many, many times.
3. What current event or news would you like to see made into a movie?
Maybe the Hacking trial? I don't know. I'm not fond of movies coming out a week after some tragedy happens so I really don't think about it.
~Four Gallon Pop Upgrade Bonus~ What's your favorite movie drink?
Cherry Coke, which I rarely drink any other time.

The Thursday Threesome
Onesome: Cool-- Well, summer is almost gone (except for those Down Under who are expecting it soon), and the cooler weather is coming. ...and other than those who live in places like Hawai'i, things are about to change. Which do you prefer, the coolness of Winter where you live or the warmth of your Summer?
I prefer the coolness (of freezing my ass off) of Winter. If I'm hot there's only so much I can do about it, but if I'm cold I can get cozy under sweats, big socks and blankets and stitch in front of the tv. I just prefer the coziness of cooler weather. Of course, I live in the Philadelphia area, which is not the same as where I used to live in NY and nothing like the midwest.
Twosome: Blue-- Today's softball: blue or green? Pick one! ...okay, if it's a tie (high or low), what color do you prefer for decorating or accents?
Blue. It happened by accident. In college I started buying a comforter and other stuff for my dorm and after a while realized much of it was different shades of blue. So, blue is my main color and I use different accent colors in various rooms -- in theory, anyway. Green is a second color I use in my kitchen and livingroom.
Threesome: Mornings-- Mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights... What's your favorite time of day? ...and what makes it so for you?
I've always been an evening/night person. I used to work closing shift for years at Burger King and I think it's just stayed with me. If I get into the habit of getting up early I'm OK, but if I go more than a weekend without having to get up early I easily fall back into staying up way past midnight. It's just natural for me, I guess. I'm also my most creative at night when it's quiet and cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home