Mindy Memories

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My StRIP List

StRIP stands for Stash Reduction Implementation Plan. I can't take credit for it and honestly don't remember who came up with it, but it's something many TWBBers are doing to get their WIPs down. God knows I need help in that department, what with all those Mirabilias calling me all the time.

The main goal is to reduce the amount of stash and WIPs one has. The minimum goal is to start the following year with even just one less WIP than when the previous year began. I can do that, I think. People are doing it in different ways, but many are simply only starting one project for every two they finish. To non-stitchers, this probably sounds like common sense, or they are thinking, "Why the hell did you have so many going in the first place." Many reasons, but I won't go into them here :-)

For myself, I'm also grouping them into projects of similar size and when I finish two of similar size I'll start a new one of similar size, but sometimes there's an odd man out and I'll allow myself to start a new one. I think writing down what I will start next will help because they are all projects I've really wanted to start but have been holding back, and now finishing my WIPs quicker will allow me to start them.

So, here's my list, in particular order:

1. Finish L&L1990 freebie and L&L 2002 freebie
Start Drawn Thread mini bellpull

2. Finish Christmas Jewel and Crystal Chandelier
Start Dracolair purple dragon

3. Finish L&L 2000 angel and the Mirabilia Cherub (I started both for AQP)
Start another cherub for the AQP

4. Finish Santa in Fur (odd man out)
Start poinsettia ornament

5. Finish I Shall Wear Purple and Spring in the Air
Start Draon Dreams "Why Hoard Chocolate"

6. Finish Guardian Angel and Deco Spirits
Start Celtic Spring

7. Finish Dragon of the Winter Moon and Sweet Dreams Santa
Start Waiting for Ships

8. Finish Rose Arbor and Christmas Flourishes
Start Santa's Magic

9. Finish Liberty Sampler and Angel of the New Dawn
Start Secret Santa

10. Finish Angel of the Sea and Spring Queen
Start Summer Queen

11. Finish TW Welcome (I will only have one TW in my rotation at once)
Start Millennium

12. Finish Lady of the Flag and Angel of Love
Start Maidens of the Seasons I & II (will be together on one piece of fabric)

13. Finish Sleeping Beauty (odd man out and large)
Start Fairy Idyll

14. Finish Earth Dragon (odd man out and large)
Start Titanic kit



4 Comments:

  • At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really enjoying reading your blog!

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Wow, you've got some great projects on the go and some more great ones planned. I'm trying to get through my old WIPs so I can add some new projects without feeling overwhelmed. I really like your plan. Do you have a lot of WIPs that are close to being complete so you'll be adding new projects soon?

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    What a great plan! Now, remember...we'll know if you stick to it! LOL

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks. My WIPS are in various stages of finishing. Many are a little under or a little over halfway done and a few others are very close to being finished while some only have about 10 hours or so in. As you can see they are mostly large projects and it's pretty easy to see who my favorite designer is :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home