Mindy Memories

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

TV Tuesday

1. What's your favorite show that deals with school in some way? (Facts of Life, A Different World, Saved by the Bell, Fame, etc..)
Hmmm, does "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" count? I gotta admit, I didn't watch that show for the first few years it was on because it seemed stupid and juvenile to me. Then when I met Tim he watched it and I got hooked and LOVED it! I've watched all the reruns from the beginning a few times and want to get the DVDS.
2. Which TV school would you have attended if given a choice?
I don't know. All tv schools were better and at the same time worse than the real-life school I experienced. I guess Sunnydale High would have been interesting, if nothing else, as long as I didn't have to deal much with Cordelia and Melody.
3. What's your favorite back to school commercial?
This year there are two I really like. One is the Office Depot commercial with that Rubberband Man giving all the kids their supplies. Love it when he gives the dictionary to the kids at the lemonade stand! I also like the Staples commercial with Alice Cooper and what may or may not be his daughter. She's all mad and says, "I thought you said school's out forever." And he says something like, "No, I said school's out for summer." Cooper in his traditional garb, of course.
~Bonus~ Reality check! What's your most memorable back to school moment?
I'll try to keep this short. When I moved to FL in the middle of 8th grade I made some good friends. Most of them went to on high school and I went to the other. The one I went to was the snobbiest and richest school around and I had some friends but never felt that I belonged there. Then we pretty much moved across the road when we bought our house and I was in the district going to the other high school. I went there the first day of 10th grade to my first class (English) and saw a few of my friends there. I thought they wouldn't recognize me as I always assume I'm easy to forget, so I sat on the other side. Then I heard somebody say, "Mindy?" I turned and it was Jeannette and my smile was a mile wide :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home