Mindy Memories

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Drinking too much soda

I've decided to do something that will be a win-win situation for me no matter what I do. I've been drinking waaaaay too much soda recently and not enough water. I don't know why, but I have. So, now when I drink soda I'm going to put $1 aside in an envelope to put into my savings account. If I spend money on and drink a soda, I'll have to pay myself. If I don't, I've saved the money and calories.

I'm usually a big water drinker, but for some reason I have really slacked off in the last month or so. I used to drink 9-10 large glasses of water a day, and now I'm only drinking about 2-3. Maybe I just drink more water in warmer weather, I don't know.

So, I already had some soda for some caffeine this morning, so that's $1 in an envelope.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would it maybe work better the other way? If you paid yourself for *not* drinking soda? This way it seems a bit like a reward for doing something you shouldn't be!

    Either way, good luck with it. Very addictive, the fizzy stuff!

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Chiloe said…

    I'm like you: I try to stop drinking so much soda !!! It's going be a week end thing now on. I found soda drinking ake me crave for sweet all day long ... I buy bottle of waters ( 1.5 liter : a bottle a day, this is what is recommended. ) YOu can also buy caffeine free soda ;-)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I thought about doing it the other way, but this way will work better for me. Saving $10 a day because I drink water instead of soda is more than I can save right now and I wouldn't be able to stick to it. A few dollars a day I can do. It's like people who make a deal that every time they swear they put money in the jar, so they try to stop swearing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home