Mindy Memories

Friday, October 12, 2007

What Not to Wear

I'm no fan of reality shows, but I have to say that over the past year I've really become addicted to this show -- I love it! I like both British and American versions, but I don't catch the British one very often. I see Stacy and Clinton on all the time, though. I find them edgy and funny, and I love the faces and comments they make.

Like the show tonight -- the woman they made over was so thrilled after her hair and makeup was done that she just kept giggling after she saw herself in the mirror. I love that! I also liked the one I saw the other day where she came out in her new clothes and Clinton says, "Oh! I almost said a swear word."

They are all about making the most of a person's body, accentuating the positive. They also try to incorporate the person's style into what they buy. I admit that sometimes I cringe when I see them getting rid of all those clothes, wondering what articles of clothing in my closet they'd toss. However, I've done a lot of tossing myself lately, so there probably isn't as much to toss as there was a few months ago.

I just love what they do. I've realized lately that I really do feel better and more confident about myself when I think I look good in my clothes -- which means not wearing stuff that is way too big. I still sometimes wear clothes a little bigger than they probably should be, but I'm doing better. I don't look like a big blob anymore, anyway.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this show too. Inspired me to wear more skirts in the summer and clothes that don't just hang but fit your curves.
    Did you know Clinton use to be a host on QVC a while back?

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I didn't know that. I guess everyone has to start somewhere. :) I just find him adorable. It's really inspired me to dress better, too. I'm always amazed by these beautiful women with great shapes who hide their bodies because they think they don't look good. It helps me to realize that everybody has body issues, not just me.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I love that show - so inspiring. I like How do I look? as well, but I think WNTW is the better show because they really teach people how to dress their bodies and how to shop for themselves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home