Mindy Memories

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Weight weirdness

This is so weird. I mentioned a while back that I had decided this is the body I will have and totally revamped my wardrobe. I like wearing cute clothes and just didn't feel like not wearing them until I lost weight, as that may never happen. Now that I'm not obsessing, I've lost weight -- about 10 pounds in the last 4 months or so.

While I'm happy about that, as usual I have lost it mostly below my waist. I notice that I no longer have to wear those shapers for my upper legs, unless I'm wearing clothes that are tight on my thighs. My dress pants are looser around my legs and hips so I don't have to worry about it. In fact I bought a pair of pinstriped pants a while back and when I wore them earlier this week they were just too baggy and I'll get them taken in.

So, while my legs are looking better, my gut has pretty much stayed the same -- especially my upper gut. I'm short and my legs tend to be long (at least, compared to the rest of me) so it doesn't take a huge amount of belly fat on me to be noticeable. Luckily, I have pretty broad shoulders so my general broadness helps a little.

The irritating thing is that, because my upper gut has stayed the same my hips and legs have gone down a little, I actually look FATTER! Everything kinda hits that part of me and then goes back in and it's obvious that I have a huge spare tire around my middle. I wear camisoles that help a little, as do high-waisted Spanx, but I don't like to wear that stuff every day, especially when it's still warm.

I'm working on just accepting it and getting more exercise (without obsessing about it), but it's difficult. Oh well, I guess I'm going in the right direction. I can picture me eventually having skinny legs with this big gut sitting on top of them, lol.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    I have the opposite problem! I lose all my weight above the waist, and then have a huge butt and thighs. Congratulations on the weight loss. It's great to lose weight when you're not really focused on it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home