Mindy Memories

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Silkweaver Showcase

Hey! Looking through my finishes I actually finished something on Silkweaver fabric this past year. I have some others in progress, but forgot that my Mermaid of the Pearls was stitched on Silkweaver's Jubilant. So, I'll actually have something to send in for the showcase this year. I need to iron her so she's not wrinkled and hopefully get a truer color -- that fabric is a bit more green than it shows in the photo. I think getting the color right will be the hard part.

Here's a picture. She's not framed yet, so I'm going to get a better picture of her to submit to Silkweaver. I always drool over their showcases, and I don't know how they make their decisions -- all the stitching looks so great.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck for the contest !!! i'm going to enter too in the small category and the medium one. I don't think I'll win because it's often the Mirabilia's that win (I stitched a Dimensions and a Lanarte !!! ) But it's fun to enter anyway and look at all this beautiful pieces!

    Yours is really beautiful. You may win! I noticed that most of the winners had used a very dark fabric.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Good Luck! I think you mermaid is absolutely gorgeous and looks fantastic on that fabric!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home