Mindy Memories

Monday, October 01, 2007

Back from Hershey

Actually, I got back on Saturday but didn't feel like posting yesterday. Funny, after stitching most of the time at Hershey, all I wanted to do yesterday was stitch. I've made a lot of progress on Mirabilia's Halloween Fairy: one wing is completely done, the little bag is done, her head and hair are done (except for beads) and her dress is almost done. I finished the Christmas Fairy a few weeks ago but still haven't gotten the darn picture up. I have a lot of cleaning up to do around this blog, so I plan on updating my pictures and my blog lists this week.

Hershey was great! Sure, the market was small, but I spent most of my money at Picture This Plus, Mimi's shop and Stitch N' Stuff -- a huge chunk at PTP, actually. I met up with a lot of stitchers I hadn't met before and some I had. I'm bummed that it's the last one as I had so much fun this year, but Karri and I are tentatively planning to go to Celebration of Needlework in Nashua, NH in May. Here's my haul, or at least what I can remember without having my stash in front of me:

I bought a lot of canvaswork designs. I have a few others at home that I haven't started yet but one of my goals for the following year is to finish at least one. One of the ladies at the stitching lounge was working on "Reflecting Pools" by Laura (?) Perin, and that one is on my list to buy soon. I bought most of the following after seeing the models on display -- gorgeous! As usual, the photos don't do them justice.

Hot Stuff! from DebBee Designs
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Haunted Hardanger from Michelle Ink (I love the chart and will teach myself how to do the stinkin' hardanger)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Evening Star by Nancy's Needle (I also bought the thread pack so now I only need the canvas and a bigger needle)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Amish Trip Around the World by Nancy's Needle (The model shows the antique jewel tones, but I'm going to buy the brighter jewel tones)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Watergarden by Chatelaine, will eventually buy the floss pack.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mirabilia's New Year's Eve Fairy, and bought some nicer PTP fabric for her -- can't remember the name but it's a purplish/light grey color.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don't have a picture of it, but I bought a small pink ribbon sampler done in one color of variegated floss. I'm stitching it in a teal variegated to make it an ovarian cancer memorial sampler, and may use other colors in the future. It's cute and will stitch up pretty quickly, I think. I also bought some nice light teal/grey fabric for it.

I also bought fabric for three Mirabilia mermaids at PTP. Oh, and I bought the latest JCS ornament issue.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Yany said…

    Nice to read you again Mindy! Great stash you got, I love the canvas designs :)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Rachel S-H said…

    I like that Haunted Hardanger too! I learned Hardanger two weeks ago and it's not hard. Not at all. It was lots of fun to meet you at CATS.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Aussie Stitcher said…

    I am glad that you had a great time, nice stash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home