Mindy Memories

Monday, October 08, 2007

Stitching pics and general rambling

Finally, here are some pictures of recent finishes. I finished Christmas Elf Fairy back in August, and this is my current picture of Halloween Fairy. I'm almost done, but can you guess what happened by looking at the picture? Yup, ran out of Dandelion. I thought I had enough, but not quite. So, I contacted Hoffman and hope they will send me a little extra. As long as I can finish it by my Mirabilia BB contest deadline (Dec. 1, I think?) I'm fine. Christmas is stitched on Cherub and Halloween is stitched on Moonglow, both from Picture This Plus.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the meantime, I've finally started my yearly round of Christmas ornaments. I usually have them done by now, but just haven't been in the mood. It's OK, because once I design a few that I like I just copy them using different threads and beads. I can get one done in about an hour or two and only have about 7-10 to make. I have two stitched already, just have to add beads.

I'm also going to stitch something up for my coworker who is having a baby in late December. I already stitched a Dragon Dreams design for her. It's cute, but I think I'll save it for someone else. After stitching it, it just doesn't say "Jeanette" to me. So, I'm going to either stitch the Mirabilia cherub freebie with the baby or the 2000 L&L angel with the baby. They will both stitch up pretty quickly and seem to be a better fit, particularly the Mirabilia. I've also decided I'm going to get her a gift card for DSW Shoes. After babies are born, everything is about the kids and half the time moms get gifts for the baby instead of themselves. I think moms deserve to be a little pampered, too. Plus, she's very fashionable and hasn't been able to wear her heels while pregnant. She said she went to DSW the other day and left without buying anything because she didn't want to buy anything more that was flat. So, I figure this can help her once she is up to wearing heels again. It's funny though -- she still looks better almost 7 months pregnant than I do on most days, lol.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Great job on the stitching! Halloween Fairy is my challenge too, but I've only got 50 or so stitches in her. I love the fabric you have yours on - no offense to others that I've seen, but most of the substituted fabrics either wash out the purple or the orange (sometimes the wings), and yours doesn't do that at all!

    I hear what your saying about the baby shower thing - I always make sure to give my friends/family members that are moms their *own* gift. They're more than their offspring, after all. I've been told it's "rude" in DH's family and that everything is for the baby, but that doesn't sit well with me at all. I think the shoe gift card is a fantastic idea :)

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks Suz! I agree. Many that I've seen seemed to dark or too busy for my taste. I like hand-dyeds very much, but I don't like it when my fabric is competing with my stitching. :)

    I need to add the fabric info to my post. Christmas is done on Cherub and Halloween is on Moonglow, both from Picture This Plus.

    I refuse to buy things for the kids for my friends' birthdays. That's why I don't give them giftcards. They're good parents and will spend that money on their kids and not on themselves, and I get their kids stuff for their events and every so often on a whim -- they don't need their parents' gifts, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home