Mindy Memories

Monday, February 12, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for the condolences. I haven't posted in a lot of places about it, and appreciate the thoughts. :) I'm going up again this Friday and coming back Tuesday so that I can help them a bit more.

Not much else going on, except that I'm trying like heck to get caught up at work before I go away again, but I don't think that will be happening, as I'm out most of the day on Wednesday and Thursday for meetings. Thursday afternoon I should be able to get some things done, and I can bring a little work with me and check my email while I'm gone.

Now for something fun: One advantage of my job is that I'm a member of the Philadelphia Public Relations Association, and there are little events that come up here and there. One is going on Thursday night -- a private tour of the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute! I was planning to see it at some point, but a private tour is going to be so much better than the normal crowded tour. Plus, we get to do a lot of networking and have a cocktail or two before the tour, which is always nice. I'm looking forward to that, right before I head up to NY.

I was hoping to visit Williamsburg with my sister during my vacation time the first week of April, but that won't be happening due to some work that came up for her. It's just as well, as I'm working on paying off some accounts I have hanging over me and these trips to NY cost money. I'm staying with my parents, but there's gas and other stuff, as I don't want to be living off them completely while I'm there. I'm still hoping that Tim and I can get away for a few days during that time, though. The last time we went anywhere together was to visit Grandma a few years ago. We stayed at a nice B&B but it still involved family. We've never gone away on a vacation that has nothing to do with family, not even for a weekend, and we've been together almost 8 years now, so it's definitely time! We're thinking of going up to the Poconos. Of course, he has grand ideas of staying at the fancy rooms with the jacuzzis and such in the rooms, but we'll see. Those aren't cheap. I try to get him to understand that I don't care about that, as long as we can get away, but I know he wants to do something nice for me and I do appreciate it.

As for stitching, I've made more progress on "I Shall Wear Purple" and have pictures of it and the stuff I started in Guilt-Free January. I'll get around to posting them soon, but I'm just feeling too lazy at the moment. With my crazy February, I won't be able to finish as much as I'd like for Finish-It February, but I should be able to finish that one. I don't have anything else that is close enough for me to finish this month, but I'll feel good finishing that one. Hey, if I can finish one medium or large design each month, that's not bad. :) If I stitched like crazy after getting back from NY I *might* be able to finish the stitching on Mermaid of the Pearls, but I'm not betting on it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    (((Mindy))) My dad died on January 25th (the funeral was Feb 3rd) so you have my most sincerest condolences. I would have expressed them without my own tragedy of course but I feel it a lot more keenly since I was going through something similar at the same time. I'm thinking about you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home