Mindy Memories

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Resolutions

I've really been thinking about my goals for the next year. I have my "101 in 1001 Days" list to help guide me a little, and my stitching goals are pretty good. However, I always make my life goals too quickly and I think I set myself up for failure sometimes. So, here are some very realistic goals I've set for myself. They will help me move forward and will take some effort, but not difficult to achieve.

1. Financial -- I don't want to share a lot of my financial stuff here. Suffice it to say that I have created a reasonable spending plan that will allow me to slowly pay off debt while allowing me to save and still buy little luxuries. I've tried depriving myself of basics in order to pay off debt, and it doesn't work for me. All that happens is I fall off the wagon and give up and spend more money than I did before.

2. Health/Weight Lost -- yes, I'm back to this again. I'm in better shape than a year ago, but I've really stalled on this one. My goal is to lose forty pounds by 2008. I think that's pretty realistic; I'm not over-reaching but it will take general effort to make it. I'd like to get back down to where I was when I met Tim almost 8 years ago. I was still overweight at that point, but I wasn't in too bad shape.

3. I will make a living will and regular will. That's on my 101 List, but it's something I've been putting off and really need to just do.

4. I have work goals in my office that I need to refer to every so often so I don't lose track of them. In addition, I will create weekly and monthly goals at work to help keep me focused. I'm going to try to do that at home, too. It's hard for me, as I'm not an organized person by nature and it takes a lot of energy to do it at work. I often come home and don't want to be organized anymore, but I need to apply the same rules here.

5. I will visit Gettysburg in 2007. I'd prefer to be there for a few days, but even if I just go for the day it's something. It's a 2-3 hour drive, so I'd really be happier staying over at least one night.

6. I will attend a Quaker meeting to see if it's for me. I've been toying with this for some time, but haven't done it yet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My goal is to lose forty pounds by 2007

    Um...?

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    LOL. Thanks Melanie, I fixed it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home