Mindy Memories

Friday, September 03, 2004

Friday Five

1. What is your favorite summer activity?
Swimming in a lake, although I haven't done that for years.

2. What was one great thing you did this summer?
Got a job :-)

3. When you were a child, what was your favorite summer activity?
Again, swimming. We used to go down to Keuka Lake every day after we were done with our chores. It was cold but great!

4. What has been your favorite summer vacation?
Going to sound strange, but I think it was when I was about 9 or 10 and we went to Gettysburg for a few days. That trip is what got me interested in American Civil War history and years later in college I still remembered about Devil's Den, Pickett's Charge and Little Round Top. I just was able to better comprehend how everything fit together when I was older. Although, even when I was young and heard about Pickett's Charge I was full of wonder. I couldn't understand why they charged across that field out in the open like that, knowing they would get gunned down. I better understand the idea behind it now, but it still makes me very sad, and I'm a Yankee.
5. Summer goes well into September, but when do you feel like it is over?
I usually end up getting rid of my summer decorations and bringing out the fall ones during the Labor Day weekend. Fall is my favorite season and I'm always impatient for it to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home