Mindy Memories

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Kylie's in the hospital again

Dana just called to let me know they took her back to CHOP about 10pm last night and are still there. She will probably have to stay tonight, too. Sean was there for a while but Deron took him home about 3am and he's supposed to call me if he or Tim if he needs anything.

They are going to do exploratory surgery on her to check out her intestines. Seems that every time you touch her side she just screams in pain. I feel so bad because there's nothing I can do. I offered to help out with the house but Dana said for now everything is fine and just knowing that Sean (13) can call me is a load off her mind.

I've been so worried about Madison, another friend's preemie, that I didn't think of Kylie getting so sick. Madison seems to be doing fine, which is good.

Poor little thing. I babysat her almost full-time from February to May and just feel so bad that she's going through this. It must be so hard on the rest of the family, including Sean because he absolutely adores her.


Edited to add: This is really bugging me more than usual. See, I had a very strange dream Thursday night where Dana was hurt very badly and almost died. It was bothering me a lot on Friday and when she called about Kylie I feared the worst, but she was doing a little better -- ear infections were gone, fever was down. I'm sure it's just a big coincidence but I don't often remember my dreams and I can't help but wonder if it meant something. It was probably something weird I ate and doesn't make a difference at all. I'm sure I'm just being silly, but it's nagging at me.


1 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Oh my goodness...I was just checking your blog to see if you had an update on Kylie. Your friends are fortunate to have a children's hospital nearby. I hope they can find the problem and help her soon...it's so awful to think of a child in pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home