Mindy Memories

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Politics

I really wasn't on the boards much back during the 2000 election, and now I'm glad. The hostility always amazes me, although I know that religion and politics are two of the most hot topics out there at any time.

I'm always amazed how each faction tends to think everything their side says is complete fact, while everything the other side says is total nonsense. Frankly, I think both sides are talking out of their butts and have said little about what they are about. They'd rather spew fear and hatred about the other guy. I don't like either of them and may not vote for either of them. Oh, I will vote. I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to vote for either of these main candidates and may have to "throw away my vote" just so I can vote with a clear conscience.

Then people want to know where you found this information or that information. This always cracks me up because you can find it on 100 websites, and you will be told that each website is biased or has false information. I agree that one must take such things into account. However, what I see is people discounting any source that goes against what they think. I guess that's human nature and people do it all the time.

I think both political parties have their spin doctors who will turn anything into what they want it to be. The truth is out there, but I won't be going to the candidates' or parties' websites to find it.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You know Mindy, mom always said 'never discuss politics'. And she (and my grandmom) use to say that the Democrats are for 'the little guy' and the Republicans are for big business. In my own experience I tend to agree somewhat with the above. My f-in-l for instance, was a Democrat and voted for Kennedy, with them both being Irish Catholics-gotta stick together. Daddo got a job at Boeing, he's 'higher up' and all of a sudden he's a Republican.
    I know it's a hard one this year with John Kerry as he is not an exciting candidate and GW is just GW. It's the Teresa factor that urks me about Kerry for some reason. She's got the bucks, let's hope she uses them for good purposes if she is ever First Lady. Boy is she the complete opposite of Laura Bush!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger auronsgirl said…

    Mindy, didn't you know that if you don't think exactly like I do, you're an idiot? >:)

    Actually, the kind of crap you're talking about is the reason I avoid some of those boards. For one, it's spitting in the wind, and for two, I have better things to do with my time. I'll do my own research, my own deciding, and most importantly, my own thinking.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Yup, I agree. I'm ignoring a lot of threads on the boards these days because I can't stand reading the hostile remarks and requests for backing up this or that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home