Mindy Memories

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wednesday Matinee

1. What are your thoughts about Hollywood making money on the life of Jesus?
Well, it doesn't bother me any more than Hollywood making money of off other people's suffering. I refuse to ever watch Pearl Harbor because it looked like such a water-downed version of the story that it doesn't do justice to the experience. I've seen interviews with Pearl Harbor survivors and these tough men still break down 60 years later when talking about it. As violent as I've heard The Passion of the Christ is, I think it should be that way for people to really understand. Even then it's still a movie, but I think it helps. Of course, I believe that everybody who is old enough to understand it should see Saving Private Ryan at least once. Yes, it's a movie, but it's the first movie I ever saw that really showed a glimpse of what it must have been like for those men on those beaches.

So, I guess the answer to the question (got off track a little) is that it doesn't bother me.

2. What's your favorite movie set in "historical" times (medieval, greek, roman, victorian, etc)?
The first one that comes to mind is Elizabeth. I thought Blanchett was awesome in this movie and have always felt she was robbed of her Oscar. Sorry, but I'm not a Gwyneth fan and was completely bored by Shakespeare in Love. I also really liked Gladiator, and of course we can't forget the infamous Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail.

3. What's your favorite movie based on a true story?
I have a few and it's always hard to pick a favorite. Obviously Elizabeth is one of them. I also like u571 (although it's a shame it couldn't have been a British sub since they were the ones who found most of the Enigmas), K19, Enemy at the Gates, Tora Tora Tora, and The Insider. There are many more I'm sure, but these are off the top of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home