Mindy Memories

Friday, August 20, 2004

Phelps and Hall, Jr.

Talk about totally different personalities!

Call me unpatriotic if you will, but I really did NOT want Hall to win that gold in the 50m. I would have preferred to see Lezak win it, but would have been happy if anybody other than Hall won it. I have always found him to be too arrogant and full of himself for my taste. To his credit, he does back up what he says, but I just don't like him.

Then you have 19-year-old Phelps, giving up his part in the upcoming relay to his teammate who he barely beat for the gold in the 100 fly. Man, that was some race! Either way Phelps will get the medal that the US will probably win. But to give that space up was just an amazing sportsmanlike thing to do and I have found him to be one of the least egotistical people on the team, even though he's won 7 medals and will probably qualify for an 8th tomorrow.

Amazing stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home