Mindy Memories

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Hot and humid

Well, it's icky here today but I was able to get a few things done. I'll see if I can do more chores later when it's cooler, but if I'm really into my stitching I doubt I will.

However, I did:

Slice the strawberries in the fridge
Defrost he pot roast and put it in the crockpot
sort through my lingerie drawers
sort the laundry
Put some clothes away (I'm horrible about this)
Cleaned the bathroom

Guess that's not too bad. I've been smelling that roast for hours now and it's driving me crazy! It smells very yummy. I hope it comes out OK. Yes, I'm 33 and this is my first pot roast. I usually eat chicken and turkey and rarely eat beef, not because I'm morally against it or anything but because I spent too much time in my younger days making Whoppers.

My friend had a scare last night. Her 9-month-old, Kylie, has been not feeling well for about 1-2 weeks. She went to the dr. and was given medicine but it didn't help. Yesterday she went to the dr. again and he was afraid it could be viral menengitis and told her go down to CHOP (Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia) to see. Luckily, it's not and they were able to find out without having to do a spinal tap (YIKES!). So, she's doing better but she's still not great. Poor thing had infections in both ears, upset stomach and couldn't keep any food down, a cough, a runny nose and a fever that ranged from 101 to 104. Dana said Kylie hadn't smiled in 2 days, which is pretty major. Usually even if she's crying there are certain things you can do that will get her to smile and laugh at you.

I tell ya, I don't know how people do it. I'd be a mess if my baby was that sick, or and older child. I can barely handle it when I or Tim gets sick :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I'm horrible about putting clothes away too! DH makes fun of me leaving my clothes in the dryer or the clothesbasket for days.

    Please let us know how Kylie is doing. Her parents must be out of their minds with worry. It's so hard to see your little one feeling miserable and not being able to do much to help. When my little guy had a cold/flu earlier in the summer, I froze some fruit juice in popsicle trays and it seemed to help his throat and was something that he could keep down (also helped with teething). I also found that the Baby Advil or Baby Tylenol helped with the runny nose...but you have to check with a doctor to ensure it's okay to give a young baby this stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home