Mindy Memories

Thursday, August 28, 2008

McCain has 7 houses. So?

I'm no McCain fan, but please tell me why I should vote based on how many houses the man has? Just because a person is wealthy doesn't mean he's done something illegal to get/keep the wealth, nor does it make him morally corrupt. Yes, perhaps he doesn't completely understand what the average person goes through, but he's definitely had hardships in his life and is not some spoiled grown-up kid.

I hate how so many of us have this attitude that the wealthy should give all their money away and only buy what they really need. Well, most of us buy more than what we really need. People buy houses that are much bigger than they "need," but they WANT those big houses, new cars, etc.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I think maybe the point of that was that there are so many people in danger of losing their houses and can barely make ends meet, and John McCain can't even remember how many houses he has, which kind of puts him out of touch with most people.

    Having said that, I think any negative ad by any candidate is disgraceful. Most of these people that run for office are career politicians and have plenty of money at their disposal (most, not all). I think candidates should focus on their own merits and why they should be elected, and not worry about why their opponents SHOULDN'T be elected.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I guess I can see that. I think what set me off is someone on at work who made a leap, saying that he must be doing things illegally (not paying taxes, etc.) because he's wealthy. It really annoyed me.

    I hate the negative ads, too -- on both sides. Of course, they can get up there and say they'll do A, B and C but once they are elected they can change their minds. I just want November to get here so I don't have to see/here this stuff anymore. Maybe I'll go live in a cave for the next 2+ months, lol.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    I was talking about this with Mike yesterday. He said that most of those houses that McCain owns are investment properties, he doesn't ever live there. And he has someone running them for him. So that may be why he's not sure of how many he actually owns.

    I'm sure he does have more than one house that he lives in...a house in Arizona, and another in DC. And maybe a vacation home somewhere. I'm sure he knows where THOSE are.

    I'm a Barack Obama supporter, but this kind of negative ads are stupid. I want to hear Barack tell me what he wants to do about health care, the war, and other issues. I don't care how many houses he, McCain, or anyone else owns.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Rachel S-H said…

    well, they'll leave him alone now. they've got Palin to criticize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home