Mindy Memories

Monday, August 11, 2008

Someone is trying to make trouble

I saw an article on MSNBC about fake fireworks at the opening ceremony of the Olympics Friday night. I thought perhaps everything was faked, but apparently it's just the footprints. Hello! Bob Costas made it clear during the broadcast that those were computer-generated, not real.

I think it's irresponsible to raise a huge fuss about this when it's not news and China was not trying to pull something on the TV viewers. I feel like people are puroposefully trying to be deceptive. I know, what else is new, but it's not right.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Someone tried to make a deal out of that? Seriously? I remember watching the opening and them saying that, because I was at once impressed and annoyed that the footprints weren't perfect (impressed that they didn't take the easy way, annoyed because I was the idiot in the room that didn't see the footprints at first).

    My favorite current thing? ZOMG! The Prezzident! He touched the backside (back, not bottom) of that volleyball player! With that back of his hand.. pahleeze. I'd have a lot more respect if he had full out smacked her on the butt (with permission of course). I would have laughed my own butt off.

    (PS: sorry I wrote a novel)

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I saw that this morning and thought it was kinda funny, but figured there would be people going off about inappropriateness. I'm no fan of his politics, but I have to admit that it was nice to see him at the Olympics, watching some events and getting to know some of the athletes. It made him look a bit more human than he sometimes looks.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Like I always said: I don't like him as president, but he seems like a great guy to have at a barbeque.

    NEW! controversy: The kid that sang the anthem/song/whatever at the opening ceremony didn't! Oh noes! Now let's get back to the games ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home