Mindy Memories

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun movie meme

Snagged this from Fatistician's blog. It's a fun movie meme. Some of mine are pretty easy, I think, but they are favorites of mine from those movies. No. 1 makes me cry a little, lol.

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
5. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

1. Cathy got this one (Shawshank Redemption)
I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man...felt free.

2. Jennifer got this one. (The Usual Suspects)
After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

3. Annette got this one. (LA Confidential)
Get me some narco skinny. I want to do an all-hophead issue. You know, schwartze jazz musicians and movie stars. You like it?

4. Annette got this one. (LOTR: Return of the King)
Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads, despite the fact they're dead.

5. Jennifer got this one (Office Space)
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

6. Ladies and gentlemen, I have been to the Great Wall of China, I have seen the Pyramids of Egypt, I've even witnessed a grown man satisfy a camel. But never in all my years as a sportscaster have I witnessed something as improbable, as impossible, as what we've witnessed here today!

7. Jennifer got this one (Wedding Crashers)
I'd like to be cowboys from Arizona or pimps from Oakland but it's not Halloween. Grow up; Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

8. Shinobi got this one. (Transformers)
And you didn't think that the United States Military might need to know that you're keeping a hostile alien robot frozen in the basement?

9. Shinobi got this one. (King Arthur)
I came to see your face so that I alone may find you on the battlefield. And it will be good of you to mark my face, Saxon, for the next time you see it, it will be the last thing you see on this earth.

10. Dianne got this one (A Mighty Wind)
I had a garage band in Stockholm, which was a challenge in its own right, to keep an instrument tuned with that temperature swing. There's a block warmer for the Volvo in the garage but it's cold in there in the winter. So we played and I had a hit that you might have heard of. "Hur ?r l?get, lilla gumman?" which means, "How's It Hanging, Grandma?" and it was big on the Swedish charts.

11. Shinobi got this one. (Drop Dead Gorgeous)
Oh, Yeah, Frida, sure. She was the oldest living Lutheran. Now she's dead as a doornail. It's them damn Shriner's, won't take down the God damn sign the lazy sons of bitches. Every year, every damn year I tell them, "Take down the God damn Frida sign, you lazy sons of bitches!"

12. Now, you listen to me, Mr. Grand High Poobah of Upper Buttcrack, I'm just about half-past give a shit with your fun and games.

13. Shinobi got this one. (Batman Begins)
You have learned to bury your guilt with anger. I will teach you to confront it, and to face the truth. You know how to fight six men. We can teach you how to engage six hundred. You know how to disappear. We can teach you to become truly invisible.

14. Dianne got this one (Chicago)
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but if Jesus Christ lived in Chicago today, and he had come to me and he had five thousand dollars, let's just say things would have turned out differently.

15. Shinobi got this one. (V for Vendetta)
I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like "collateral" and "rendition" became frightening, while things like Norsefire and the Articles of Allegiance became powerful. I remember how "different" became dangerous. I still don't understand it, why they hate us so much.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Good post! I know some of these:

    2. The Usual Suspects (One of DH's favorite movies)

    5. Office Space (hilarious!)

    7. Wedding Crashers

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    #1, The Shawshank Redemption

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooo goody More!!!

    8. Transformers

    9. King Arthur

    11. Drop Dead Gorgeous (I have other options but I am pretty sure that's it. I know I know it.)

    13. Batman Begins

    15. V for Vendetta

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Annette said…

    4. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King :)

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Annette said…

    As soon as I hit publish I knew #3!

    3. LA Confidential

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    I'll give you all some hints:

    #6 is a movie about a *sports* tournament

    #10 is about a folk music movie

    #12 is a non-typical Stephen King movie

    #14 The title is a word in the quote

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is #14 Chicago?
    And the one about folk music...A Mighty Wind?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please check out my movie list to see if any look familiar to you too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home