Mindy Memories

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Best. Deal. Ever!

So, I was talking about very bad deals in my last post, right? Between then and now I went shopping with a friend. She was looking at clearance racks for something to wear to an upcoming formal, I was looking to spend the $25 gift certificate she bought me for Christmas. I really didn't see anything and was going to save the certificate for later, then I saw it -- a beautiful brown suit jacket. I've been looking for one and there it was. Now, it's a smaller size than I usually wear so I looked at the size and figured it wouldn't fit and put it back. I wandered around for a while and helped Karri pick out some clothes, then I went back and that jacket was still there. I figured I might as well try it on. Lo and behold! It fit! It's not loose, but it's not too tight. I guess that's the definition of clothes fitting but I tend to go a little large, although I've gotten much better about that.

This is where the big deal comes in. It's on the clearance rack, and there's a sign that shows the prices. According to the sign, everything over $45 is marked down to $19.99. I looked at the price tag -- $144 marked down to $107. I'm thinking that maybe this is in the wrong place, etc. So, I took it up to the register and it was only $19.99! Sold!

It's lined and has a beautiful embroidered lapel and bottom, and also beadwork in those places. It's just stunning and don't think I've ever gotten such a good deal. I looked through it and there's no tears or anything, so it's good to go!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I know that had to be around here somewhere-do tell! ; )
    What a wonderful buy and something you really like and that fits well.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Hi Dianne! I got it at Catherine's on Baltimore Pike in Springfield. It was the only one I saw. Catherine's is hit-or-miss with me. Sometimes I find some nice pant suits or dresses there, other times I don't find anything I want to buy. I hit the jackpot with the jacket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home