Mindy Memories

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Eve memories

Over at the 123 board we were talking about who is and isn't going out for New Year's Eve. When I was younger I used to go out, but these days I stay home and take advantage of the stitching time. I don't like big crowds so I don't do the Penns Landing thing, although sometimes friends of ours have a party.

After thinking about it, though, I only really remember going out on New Year's twice. I often had people over to our place when I was younger, though. One time I went out was when I was home during winter break my freshman year of college, so I was 18. A bunch of us got together and went to Church Street Station in Orlando to see the orange drop (yes yes, laugh laugh). We had designated drivers, and I was the oldest one there, although we were all about 17-18. We went to Rosy O'Grady's and were debating if we should ask for drinks, figuring we'd get ID'd, when the bartender asked us what we wanted. ??? So, we asked him what he recommended, and he made us all Flaming Hurricanes. Whoa! That was one awesome drink! I think that's the only drink I had all night because I didn't want to push my luck, but I'm amazed that they served us like that. He never actually asked us our age, so we went with it.

The other time I remember, and was actually a lot of fun although it will probably sound very geeky and boring, was getting together at a friend's house. He was actually an ex-boyfriend from earlier in my life and, after hating each other for a while, we became good friends. It was my senior year of college and I was once again home for Christmas. He and I went over to a mutual friend's house and a bunch of us (pretty much me and a bunch of guys, lol) played card games and drank Rumplemintz all night. I really had a good time just hanging out and listening to music. I've come to the realization that I usually have more fun doing something like that than going out to huge parties that make me feel claustrophobic.

So, that's my New Year's ramble.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home