Mindy Memories

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Stitching Goals Round-up for 2007

Well, I didn't finish some items I'd hoped I would, but I also started and finished some other projects. I'm not the type of person who can completely stick to a stitching goals list for a year and not start or work on other items. However, I have found that at least posting my goals forces me to think about what I want to get done this year and helps me to stick to a general plan instead of being completely all over the place.

I think I have done pretty well with my Ten Project Challenge. Of course, the idea was to not start anything until all ten projects were finished. That didn't happen, but it did help me to focus on those particular projects and they are all finished except for Angel of the New Dawn. I've been focusing on her these last few weeks (although I haven't been stitching much) and, while she won't be done by 2008 she should be done by the end of spring.

Oh, and I got my Dandelion Stem floss in so I can finally finish Halloween Fairy. She'll be done before January so I put her on my list of finishes. All I have to do is fill in that wing, a little backstitching, and the beading.

So, here's my progress on my various lists:

Ten Project Challenge

WIPS (when I started the challenge)
1. Lady of the Flag (finished in September06)
2. Angel of Love - L&L (finished 11/12/06)
3. Liberty Sampler - Hester's Needle (finished 7/5/07)
4. I Shall Wear Purple - Leisure Arts (finished 2/20/07)
5. Mermaid of the Pearls - Mirabilia (finished 5/16/07
6. Angel of the New Dawn - Mirabilia

New
1. Why Hoard Gold? - Dragon Dreams (finished 11/24/07)
2. Crescent Moon - Mirabilia - chart colors (finished 12/1/06)
3. 2006 Christmas Tree - Mirabilia (finished 1/8/07)
4. Easter Fairy - Mirabilia (started 1/07, finished 5/24/07)


2007 Finish Goals

At least 10 ornaments (DONE)
Liberty Sampler - Hester's Needle (DONE)
I Shall Wear Purple - Lanarte with color changes (DONE)
Mermaid of the Pearls - Mirabilia (DONE)
Why Hoard Gold? - Dragon Dreams (DONE)
Angel of the New Dawn - Mirabilia
Drawn Thread mini bellpull (This has been on my list for a few years. Will I ever start the little thing? lol)
Ouroborus - Dracolair
1998 L&L Angel
Skeleton Crew - Cross-Eyed Cricket
2006 Mirabilia Tree (DONE)


2007 Goal Starts
Started first four. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to have so many starts, but my WIPs would REALLY be out of control if I'd started these and not been able to finish what I did.

Easter Fairy - Mirabilia (DONE)
Alpine Garden - Drawn Thread
Autumn Angel - Joan Elliott
Oh Christmas Tree - L&L

Celtic Noel - L&L
mini bellpull - Drawn Thread
Cinnamon Bear - JCS Christmas Issue
Couer de Saint Valentine - don't know name of designer off-hand, French
Christmas Cat - from Holiday Cats leaflet



All Finishes for 2007
Halloween Fairy(not finished yet, but will be before 1/1)
2001 Mirabilia Cherub
Dragon Dreams Baby Samler
a freestyle embroidery I created
Mermaid of the Pearls
Christmas Elf Fairy
Easter Fairy
Liberty Sampler
I Shall Wear Purple
2006 Mirabilia Christmas Tree
ten ornaments

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    You seem to be very busy and love the x stitch of the dragon with chocs, which are my favorite.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks! You sound like me -- I never met a chocolate I didn't like. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home