Mindy Memories

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tim and I actually went out last night

Between his crazy schedule and the weeks he was mostly living as his mom's while she was recovering from knee replacement surgery, Tim and I haven't done much together in months. Last night we went out to dinner and a movie and had a great time. We went to Red Lobster, which can be a good or bad experience, but last night was very good. I got a yummy salmon and shrimp dinner. I always forget that they slather everything with butter, but I usually don't so once in a while won't kill me. :)

We saw "The Departed" at the 10:30 showing so that we weren't dealing with the barely-17 crowd that can get annoying in such movies. Sorry to those teens who don't act like idiots, but you know what I'm talking about. It was a great movie, but not for anyone who is sensitive to obnoxious language and violence. After all, it is a Martin Scorsese film and is Rated R, so I really shouldn't have to say that. There weren't any little kids at the movie, either, dragged there by parents to freak out over the blood, so that was good. I feel really bad for kids that get dragged to these types of movies because of selfish parents, but if I'm paying $9.50 for a movie I'm also ticked if I can't enjoy the movie because of it.

So, it was a great evening. We had debated between watching this or "The Prestige." I still want to see "The Prestige" but I think we made a good choice last night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home