Mindy Memories

Thursday, August 04, 2005

This and That

A Miracle in Hoboken

No, it's not the name of a new movie, but a "real life" miracle. For more information, see Wink and prayer in N.J.

I hate that the media always calls people the "faithful Christians" who flock to these things. So, the rest of us who don't fall for this stuff are considered "unfaithful," huh? It figures.

I loved the quote from the 14-year-old:

"It's just a sculpture," said Wanda Aldea, 14, shaking her head. "I think somebody just scraped its eyelid off."

Great to know that there are still kids out there who think for themselves.




Cigna Earnings Up

Gee, there's a big surprise. When you screw your clients out of disability insurance they have paid into, it's amazing how your numbers go up. Granted, this is from the last quarter and my friend had this problem about two years ago, but I doubt they've stopped doing this. She had notes from the doctor ordering her to stay at home the last few months of her pregnancy and she had paid into this policy for years. She had to hire a lawyer and fight tooth and nail and still only got part of it. Ticks me off. She's the type to work like crazy and staying home was NOT her idea and NOT something she wanted to do, but the doctor told her to because of her complications. Good thing she also had a good deal of savings and her husband's income.

Cigna will never receive any business from me, not that they care.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I'm commenting way up here in case you don't check for comments on previous days...

    Christmas Flourishes is STUNNING!!

    I also think that Santa pattern is beautiful. I've never tried a Vermillion pattern but several are quite tempting. I'm always worried about spending a ton of money on a chart that I haven't seen in person (if it's by a new-to-me designer) in case the chart is difficult to read. I just need to check out one of their charts the next time I'm at an LNS to see if I want to order one.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Thanks! I believe there are freebies at the Vermillion website if you want to download a few and try her general style before getting a big one. It's www.vsccs.com. I'm personally not crazy about her current freebies, but they are typical of her color usage and design style.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    Thanks for the tip...I'll have to check out one of the freebies over the weekend to get an idea of her pattern style.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home