Mindy Memories

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

If they're looking, they'll find me :)

Just for the heck of it, I Googled my name. Guess what? First thing that came up was my blog. LOL! Oh well, I'm not getting rid of my blog so if somebody decides they don't want to hire me because of my blog, it probably isn't a place I want to work. Frankly, I think my rants are few and far between and really not overly ranty compared to some I see on a regular basis. There are some rants I see that would put sailors to shame. I'm not one who can agree with people and kiss a person's butt because we're in the same office. It's just not me. Now, my coworkers and I get along great and the people who employ me like me and I've been told very good things about my performance. So, it's not like I go to work and cause trouble or anything. However, I do have opinions. I tend to keep them to the boards and my blog and not let them out for everyone to see until I know them better -- especially when it comes to the biggies of religion and politics and the combinations thereof. That sort of stuff really doesn't belong at work because some people will take things personally and it escalates. I work hard but I also like to laugh and joke a little here and there, especially when there's a lot of tension. My sledgehammer wit doesn't always come across correctly in email form, but I only use it on those who understand me and "get" me, anyway.

So, I'm keeping my blog! I'm going to go ahead and start another one where I can post interesting articles about the job market and what is going on in the fields in which I'm interested, but this blog is the place I can go to really figure things out and get feedback, and I like it. I don't think I share anything overly personal here (correct me if I'm wrong), but it's nice to be able to talk to myself but still have a few people joining in here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home