Mindy Memories

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Morons among us

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by the stupid behavior of some on the Internet. If you were making baby jewelry, would you spam a board made up of mostly childfree people and a board ENTIRELY made up of childfree people? Would that be a good way to advertise? I think spamming a board in general is bad for your businesses, but this is like spamming Omaha Steaks on a PETA board. Of course, when called on it we are accused of the normal nonsense -- we're jealous, we're losers, we're awful for making fun of a beautiful baby (nobody on that thread mad fun of the baby at all), on and on. We were then told we "are like trailer parks." I haven't quite figured out how I'm like a trailer park, except I'm a little box-shaped.

Nevermind that the reason she couldn't find the beaded baby jewelry like she made is because they are a choking hazard. Those types of beads crack and can come loose, and we all know that babies like to inhale just about anything they can. I just don't think it's a smart move.

What it boils down to: Don't spam any board if you can't handle the backlash. I visit a multitude of message boards, none of which treat spammers well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home