Mindy Memories

Monday, June 06, 2005

25 Stitching Questions

25 Most Asked Stitching Questions (may have done this a long time ago, but figured I'd do it again since it's making the rounds)

1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
10-11ish

2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
A lady who came to our 4H meeting

3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
I fell in love with it at the 4H meeting. I liked creating something from nothing.

4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
Finished: Mirabilia's The Kis
WIP: TW's English Garden Welcome

5. Do you have friends that stitch?
I have one or two near me, but most of my stitching friends are online.

6. What is your favourite stitched piece?
It's tough, but I'll go with Mirabilia's Christmas Elegance.

7. What is your favorite fabric? 28ct. linen or evenweave. I like 32ct., also.

8. What is your favorite fiber?
I use regular DMC the most but I fell in love with the silk Caron Waterlillies while stitching some Dragon Dreams dragons. I must have more :)

9. What is your favorite needle?
Sizes 24 and 26, depending on the fabric. I like a needle I can really hold on to LOL!

10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
It's easier for me to read b&w charts. Often the color charts have symbols that are the same but in different colors, and then I have to go looking for the symbol AND the color. Also, sometimes it's hard for me to distinguish between similar colors on those types of charts.

11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
18

12. How many UFO's do you have at this time?
2

13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
a few hundred

14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
50 pieces of various size kitted with projects plus 10-20 more that aren't kitted with anything.


15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
my sofa

16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
Late night

17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
I have no clue, well over 100

18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
I give many away as gifts to people I know appreciate the work.

19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
GAST, WDW, Seaside Treasures, Caron Waterlillies, Caron Wildflowers, Kreinik, Rainbow Gallery Treasure Braid, Rainbow Gallery Wisper, Rainbow Gallery Nordic Gold, DMC, Perle Cotton, Needlepaints, DMC Rayon

20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
3. None are fancy but I have a fob for each.

21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames...etc)?
Q-snaps, OTT-Lite

22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
I have four (soon to be six) large pieces not framed and quite a few small stragglers.

23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
No.

24. Why do you stitch?
It lets me start out with a blank canvas and make something beautiful from it. I've always wanted to be an artist but don't have the talent for it, so this works well for me. I'm also not good at just sitting around at night doing nothing but watching TV. I have to be doing something, and this helps relax me.

25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
When I was laid off I was able to get a lot of stitching done. It also helped me deal with the stress of looking for a job and being told I was overqualified or underqualified for everything. That gets to you after a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home