Mindy Memories

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Stitching Jubilee

I went to Stitching Jubilee yesterday and, as planned, spent most of my money over at Picture This Plus. I tell ya, they must make a large part of their money at these festivals because that booth is always packed. It's so nice to be able to see the fabric in person, although their website is pretty accurate.

So, I bought a lot of fabric, but also got some fabric at Enchanting Lair, some bugle beads and size 8 beads, and some GAST and WDW threads I needed. I really had to keep to my list and not buy charts, but of course when you have told yourself not to buy more charts or kits you see a million that you like. The Mirabilias were back (nobody had them in NH in April/May) so it was REALLY tough not buying any that I don't have, particularly the new Christmas Tree. (Sigh) I am already behind on those trees as I haven't bought last year's kit, yet. I should get caught up on them this year, as I really like them and stitched the first one as soon as it came out.

So, there wasn't a huge number of exhibitors, but that's par for the course these days. The exhibitors who were there had a good variety of stuff, which is nice. There were two stitching rooms in the hotel. Since King of Prussia is just down the road, I went there for the day and then came home. I was thinking of going back today, but I spent most of my budgeted money and there's really no reason to go back unless I want to just hang out in the stitching room. I like meeting the people, but hate driving in King of Prussia and am more comfortable stitching at home.

One thing I noticed about my stash while I was packing my stitching stuff for the day -- I really DO have less WIPS than I used to. This is a GOOD thing! I've been trying to work down that pile but really haven't kept up with tracking my STRIP list or goals list lately. I went through my kitted up projects and fit them into less carriers than I had them in before. Now, I may have just packed them more tightly, so I'm going to actually go through and see where I really stand. Hopefully, I'm right about this. :) I still *may* take part in Guilt-Free January, we'll have to see how I do through December. If I do, I think I'll only start one, probably something for which I just bought fabric -- although those Mirabilia Christmas Tree kits are calling my name...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bummer! Didn't know about the show in King of Prussia. Did you go alone? Always leave me a message and I'll be glad to meet up with you. We had Sean home for a weekend visit anyway.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Darn, I'm sorry you didn't know about it. I'll make sure to let you know next time. I usually go with my friend Karri, and we'd love to have you join us. :) She lives in Bala Cynwyd so I just stay over at her place since she's so close to I76.

    These shows aren't nearly as big as they used to be, but it's still easy to spend some money there. I tend to spend most of my money on the fabric from Picture This Plus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home