Mindy Memories

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Oh, but racism no longer exists, right?

Yes, I've actually heard people claim racism no longer exists. I wish people would open their eyes once in a while.

Woman Says Landlord Told Her Neighbors Didn't Want Her Kind

Now, here's the "apology," but I don't buy it. They don't get it, and I don't know what to think of the neighbor -- he may be the scapegoat, or he may not be but is going back on what he said because he got caught. Who knows?

This sort of thing makes me mad for obvious reasons, but also because I'm in an interracial relationship and we are thinking of moving in the next year or so. I wonder how often we'll get picked over for a "better" couple and not even know about it. This particular man was stupid enough to leave that message on her machine. Most of them don't, they just rent the apartment/house to someone else who is more like "their kind."

I guess I'm in a ranty mood today, which is strange because I'm not ticked off in general. I just keep finding irritations wherever I go, it seems.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That is horrible! I hope that this landlord is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for this. Leaving that message is going to be his downfall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home