Mindy Memories

Friday, December 15, 2006

Man, I've been a lush lately!

I'm not a big drinker, have a glass of wine now and then but that's it. I think I've had more drinks in the last two days than I've had in the last few months!

We had our big company-wide holiday party last night, and it ws a total blast! When you get us all together -- admin, people running the programs, volunteers, caseworkers, caregivers -- we amount to about 1000 people. Now, we all weren't there but there were a few hundred people there. The party had a 70s theme. We didn't have to dress to the theme but a lot of us did. There were a lot of afro wigs, on light and dark people alike. Since I'm a classic rock fan, I went the other way -- Led Zeppelin t-shirt, jeans, blue eyeshadow, heavy black eyeliner, and the closest to carnation pink frost lipstick I could find. I was the only one dressed like that, and one guy (no idea who it was) came up to me and said, "Man! I love your shirt! I love those guys! Zeppelin is awesome! Maybe we can get them to play some, man!" Hysterical!

So we all were given two drink vouchers for beer or wine. A coworker's friend gave her hers because she didn't drink, and then she gave me one of them. So, I had three glasses of wine with those, plus paid $3 for a fourth. I can't remember the last time I had that much, but I can handle it -- no hangover or anything, went to work this morning with no issues. Of course, I knew I was taking public transportation so it wasn't an issue, and I was traveling with a few other girls in that part of Philly. If I was driving, I may have had one glass of wine at the beginning of the 4-hour party, if any. I'm pretty paranoid about that.

Today we had our department party, and my cool boss paid for our dinner, bowling alley and drinks at Lucky Strike Lanes downtown. I didn't bowl because I physically can't -- throwing it a few times does a number on my hand and it hurts then falls alseep -- but I had a great time hanging out and watching. I had two yummy lime margaritas, too. Funny, wine seems to effect me more than mixed drinks do. We had a Secret Santa with a $2 limit so we had to get creative. I'm so happy to be working in such a great organization and such a great communications department!

Now, I COULD have also attended another party this past Wednesday night, but I didn't because I'm not a big party person and knew I had two in a row already. The earlier party was at the PR firm we've used for our capital campaign PR and creating our new logo, as well as a few other logos for different programs. They said they had a lot of fun, but I'm glad I made the decision not to go. I had an important meeting this morning and one more party added to the week would have made me tired.

That's probably it for most of the holiday parties, as I'll probably be out of town when other ones crop up. I had a lot of fun, though!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home