Mindy Memories

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Meme

Stolen from Whizgidget's blog:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift and recipient. I prefer wrapping paper but am not good at wrapping odd-shaped presents, and some people have a hard time opening gift wrap if they have arthritis or other health problems. Even if a gift is an odd shape, I will wrap it if it's for a kid -- they love ripping all that paper off.

2. Real tree or artificial? Definitely artificial! I'm allergic to pine.

3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving while I'm avoiding the shoppers.

4. When do you take the tree down? Jan. 6 or the first weekend after Jan. 6.

5. Do you like eggnog? Usually. Depends on how strong it is.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? An art kit. I always circled stuff in the Sears catalog and circled the biggest one. I didn't actually expect it and would have been happy with a small one, but I got it! It had acrylics, oils, brushes, pen & ink, colored pencils, and some kind of waxy crayon-type things. There were papers and charcoal, also.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A very small one. It's a one piece ceramic nativity of just an arch and the family. I don't have room for a large one, but would like to someday.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Grandma. She has so much stuff that she doesn't really need anything to add to the pile.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Tim.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A canister of chocolate from a so-called friend. She knew I was working on losing weight and had lost some and was then thinner than her, so she gave me chocolate. I was nice and thanked her, but I knew what was going on. She's the one I sometimes refer to as "The Liar" and this gift was one of the NICE things she did for me, lol!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but email's OK.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation. It doesn't matter that I've seen it a million times, it still makes me laugh.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop a little here and there and pick things up for people if I think they'd like them. I store them for birthdays, last-minute gifts, Christmas, etc. I also start making little ornaments for some people in the summer.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. I'd get too confused and give it to the person who gave it to me in the first place.

15. Favorite thing to eat and drink at Christmas? My mom's Christmas cookies and milk, tea or hot chocolate. They must be my mom's recipe -- nobody's are better!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like clear, non-blinking. Tim likes color, blinking. I have white ones on the big tree and colored on his sci-fi tree. Neither blink because it drives me crazy, but when I get a bigger tree for his sci-fi tree I may give in and make the lights blink.

17. Favorite Christmas song? This goes against my childree persona, but I'd have to say "Merry Christmas Little Zachary" by John Denver. It's just a beautiful song.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home, but when your closest relatives are 6 hours away you sometimes have to travel. I tend to visit my parents every other year and have Christms with Tim's family the other years. His family is just 30 minutes away.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, Rudolph. There's at least one I'm missing there. (I can't even remember how many he's supposed to have.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. Angels kinda freak Tim out.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people. I hate shopping this time of year (thank God for online shopping!) because people are so obnoxious. I can't stand the fighting over the last toy for Precious, and that Precious' life will be over if he or she doesn't get that exact toy. I hate that everybody thinks they are in more of a hurry than everyone else. A little hustle and bustle is one thing, but it's really gotten out of hand.

23. Favorite thing about the Christmas Holidays? Being cozy at home with the cold outside and the trees lit, hanging out with Tim and Smokey watching a movie or stitching on the couch under a blanket.

24. Most Memorable gift? It wasn't for Christmas, but when I first moved here in Oct. 1995 I had very little money. Thanksgiving was coming up and I really didn't know anyone and was planning on just hanging out in my apartment reading -- didn't have a tv, either. One of my good friends I left behind in FL surprised me by getting me train tickets so I could take Amtrak to NY so I could have Thanksgiving with my uncle and grandmother. It was a very thoughtful and unexpected thing for him to do and I've never forgotten it.

25. What's the one thing you seem to never get done at Christmas time? There are always a few cards I don't get out because I can't find new addresses.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home