Mindy Memories

Monday, August 21, 2006

Been a while...

Didn't realize it had been so long since I'd been here. One good reason is that I went to the pool three times last week. It's so much easier going during lunchtime and working a little later than going before or after work.

You know how I went a little crazy a few months ago with the clothes shopping? Well, today I caught myself buying the newest "In Style" magazine for about $6. I don't think I've EVER bought a magazine that was only about clothes, makeup, shoes, etc. I have to admit there was some cool stuff in there, I really like a lot of the new stuff coming out. I intend to buy a few items, but probably a few trendy items at Old Navy or somewhere similar and one or two higher quality non-trendy pieces at Talbots. I honestly don't have a nice white collared shirt, and really should get one, and probably a few other staples. I really like that patterned and opaque tights are back. I love opaque tights! I need to be careful with patterned ones as I have big calves and even pinstripes will probably look really obvious going down them, but I like the idea of them, anyway. I also found a few places that sell boots for people like me -- short with big calves. I haven't worn tall boots in years and would love to be able to wear them with some of my skirts. I don't have a lot of winter skirts, but I have a few -- all black, of course. Well, there are a few that aren't black, but most of them are.

I think we're finally going to enter the 21st century and get DSL. I find that Cavalier has a good deal with unlimited long distance and DSL. I need to call them and find out how far from the closest transmitter I am, as if I'm too far away it won't be any faster than my dial-up and I'll go with Verizon instead. Verizon is more expensive, but I know the transmitter is 2 miles away because it's right outside the old Piano Lane office. We had great DSL while working there.

I'm almost done with a few items. "The Last Full Measure" is almost finished. I just finished reading about battle at Five Forks, and I believe that it's only a few days until the surrender. I'm also almost finished with the stitching on Lady of the Flag. The golden dress has gone on forever, but I'm finally down to the very edge or the dress that has a border and the blue area. Thank goodness! I love the design, but all that dress gets to me after a while.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    The onset of fall always gets me in a clothes mood! I just need more places to go so I can get all dressed up! lol

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Faith Ann said…

    I've been wondering where you've been!

    Have fun shopping for clothes... and good luck getting DSL soon!!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That's a sensible clothes-buying plan, Mindy. I never saw the point of buying trendy stuff at expensive stores. Old Navy has some cute stuff that won't break the bank.

    Happy clothes-shopping!

    I have Verizon DSL, and I love it. I have never had any problems with them. Where I live, the only other high-speed option is cable, and that is even more expensive...nearly twice what we pay for Verizon DSL.

    Once you have, you will be wondering how you put up with dial-up for so long! I love to download music (from legal places like iTunes and MusicMatch), and it used to take more than 10 minutes to download one song on dial-up. Now it takes less than a minute per song with DSL.

    Enjoy! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home