Mindy Memories

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Well, at least it's not 100 degrees anymore

I was hoping we'd get a bigger cold front than we did, then I remembered it IS August in Philadelphia, so I can't really expect it to get as cool as where my parents live in the Finger Lakes Region in NY. :) I went for a walk today and the humidity feels pretty low and I think the temp is in the high 80s. It's still a bit warmer than I'd like, but I'll definitely take it for August 5! I'm still looking forward to October.

I was very happy to see the other article about the internship programs for which I do PR in the Jewish Exponent on Thursday. It was a very well-written article and Jared was fantastic about checking all his facts and getting details. He actually called us to find out what types of flowers were planted -- great attention to detail!

I have made an appointment to see a car dealer at the end of this month. I just can't wait that many months before getting a car, I'll go crazy obsessing about it if I do, and take everyone else with me. My friend is going with me so it will be easier for me to walk away if I need to avoid being taken for a ride.

I've been working away at Lady of the Flag. Have I mentioned that her dress goes on forever? I think I'll be able to meet my 9/11 deadline, though. I'm on the bottom part of the dress well under the flag and right above the blue "Liberty" section. I'll get a picture this weekend after I stitch a bit more.

I'm almost done with "Gods and Generals." Jeff Shaara's writing isn't the same as his dad's, but it's pretty good. I like Jeef's "The Glorious Cause," also, but of course that's about the American Revolution. I'll probably start "The Last Full Measure" soon, but will read something else between the two. I'm also plodding along a bit on "Al Smith's America." It was written in the 1950s and I'm just not fond of the writing style, but I bought it for $2 at a used bookstore so it's not a big deal. I would like to finish it, though. I have learned a bit more about Al Smith than I knew, and that was the object. I also recently bought those little hardback classics at Barnes and Noble. They were on sale, buy 2 get 1 free, and are about $6 to begin with -- pretty good deal. I bought "The Brothers Karamazov," "Crime and Punishment" and "The Last of the Mohicans." If I like the way they handle, I'll buy more the next time they go on sale.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home