Mindy Memories

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A few accomplishments

I went to the water aerobics class last night and swam a few laps afterwards. She was tougher today, which is good. Last week I was a little disappointed as it wasn't as much of a workout as I'd had before, but I think there were quite a few of us new ladies and she probably wanted to be sure we didn't get overtaxed. I figured, though, that even if it's not always a heavy workout, it's something I'm doing in the water that I enjoy. I can always swim some laps before or after, so this is just extra.

I finished one of the items on my 101 list - read a book by Pete Hamill. I really enjoyed Downtown: My Manhattan and intend to read more of his books. I'm interested in reading his fiction, as he seems to be a great storyteller. I just ordered Beowulf from Amazon so we'll see if I can read through that. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but figure I'll read it for myself and see. I think I'm the only one alive who actually LIKES the Council of Elrond section of The Lord of the Rings, so I don't always depend on others to tell me what books I'll enjoy. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home