Mindy Memories

Monday, August 29, 2005

Been a few days since I've been here

I changed the comment setting so that anonymous people can post but still have to use the word recognition. I hope that will allow for people to not have to register with Blogger but still keep the spammers away. We'll see.

--------------------------------------------------

I have my second interview for the job I want this Thursday morning. I hate having to miss work, but there was no way around it and I'll make up the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the department will think I'm mahvelous and want to hire me on the spot :) (Yeah, well, I can dream!)

------------------------------------------------

I feel awful for the people dealing with Hurricane Katrina right now. It's so hard to discern what is the truth in all this. The national news tends to make things much worse than they really are. I saw that when I lived in FL. We'd get a minor hurricane with minor damage. The local news would talk about the damage but insist it wasn't anything serious, then Dan Rather on the national news would talk about how the state of FL just dropped off the continent. I was looking at the website of one of the New Orleans tv stations, and it looked pretty bad. I don't know if it's as bad as Andrew, but Andrew hit closer to home (at the time) than Katrina will.

------------------------------------------------

I stitched about half an hour this weekend, but that's it. I'm just not in the mood for some reason. Maybe it's what I'm stitching and I should move to a different design, but this is something I'm working on for my friend's baby -- a baby that just turned 1 about a week ago. So, I really need to finish it. It's L&L's Guardian Angel and is very pretty. I don't know why I'm not into it. Probably being selfish and wanting to finish some of the projects I have going on for me, especially after seeing those new mermaids Nora just put out. They are awesome!

-------------------------------------------------

Looks like I'll be dogsitting this weekend, Thursday through Sunday. My friend is taking her daughter to college in Rhode Island and are unable to board the dog because they forgot about it in all the planning. I volunteered to watch her at the house with no hesitation -- big air-conditioned house to myself, cable, more movies than I have (and that's saying a lot!), high-speed Internet, cute doggie, 10 minutes from work, and a lovely huge whirlpool bathtub in the master bathroom. I even work with Karri's neighbor, so if there was a problem I'd feel comfortable going next door for help. If only I had about $350k in my back pocket, I'd buy a house in the neighborhood :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    I *heart* that word recognition thing! I wish I could find a way to use something like this for my WordPress blogs, as I am sick to death of idiot comment spammers!

    Good luck with the job interview, and have fun dog-sitting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home