Mindy Memories

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Back on WW

I tried to post this yesterday but I hit some button that went backwards and deleted the whole post. Maybe I should type it in WordPad or Notebook first, then copy and paste it. Be back in a moment, because that's exactly what I'm going to do...

(insert clock playing Jeopardy music)

...So, I had decided over the weekend that I was going to start WW again, on my own but also with the help of some message boards. I have the information I need so should be able to do it, and Monday was my frist weigh-in. Ack! 218 pounds! I lose 3, I gain 5. Anyway, guess I made the right decision.

My first goal is to lose 20 pounds by the time I go to CATS in late Septebmer. That way I'll look better when I "meet" people for the first time and also if any pictures are taken. It will also get me below the 200 mark, where I haven't been in about 3 years. Since I'll be exercising as well as WWing, I'm going to also say that if I look good in a specific pair of capris and the top I bought to go with it, I'll count it. I don't like using weight goals all the time, but it's easier for me to measure that than anything else. I don't measure myself well so that's out -- I'll get inches of difference when I measure twice in a row LOL!

I started out the week by going to the grocery store yesterday. I'm set up with Lean Cuisines for lunch all week, and also fat-free pudding, sugar-free Jello, lowfat cheese, carrots (have to replenish) and little Diet Cokes. I bought the 8oz. cans of Diet Coke so that I can better regulate my caffeine intake at work.

I can tell from yesterday's food intake that I need to be better at night. I do pretty well at work but at home I'm munching. Must spend less time munching, more time stitching! Part of that problem is that I often drink/eat in front of the computer. I need to get in the habit of only drinking water and eating carrots when I'm on the computer.

So, that's my story so far :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Gill said…

    Your experiences with losing posts sound very familiar - it happens to me often and is so frustrating!
    Good luck with WW - I'm trying to lose weight as well so know how you feel.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger cathymk said…

    Hi Mindy,
    I'm on the WW wagon again at the moment too. All I feel qualified to say at the moments is - it works! (albeit slowly in my case - I'm in a rush!!)

    Also... Thanks for posting a comment on my blog!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    I really *need* to get back on WW right now, but am so un-motivated! Your motivation is excellent right now, so I will just say go with it & those lbs will come flying off. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home